Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2001)

Subject: Re: Yahoo
From: Tim Pierce <twp @ rootsweb . com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:50:11 -0400
To: Allan Newsome <allan @ msic . dia . mil>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 01:33:51PM -0500, Allan Newsome wrote:
> I'm seeing the following all over the place from Yahoo.com users....
>
> (reason: 552 exceeded rcpt to max limit)
>      (expanded from: :include:/usr/local/majordomo/Lists/wbmutbb-digest)
>
> I've tried making the Digest versions smaller in size but that doesn't seem to have corrected the problem. Anybody have any ideas?

That probably means that your MLM software or your MTA are delivering
to more users in a batch than Yahoo is willing to accept.  The solution
is probably to reconfigure your mailing list daemon or your mail server,
whichever is responsible for grouping recipients into delivery batches.
Or switch to qmail, which is a popular answer. :-)