Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2001)

Subject: Re: majordomo 2
From: "John R Levine" <johnl @ iecc . com>
Date: 22 Oct 2001 18:18:08 -0400
To: "Chuq Von Rospach" <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: "List-Managers @ greatcircle . com" <List-Managers @ greatcircle . com>

> IMNSO opinion, I wouldn't run majordomo today. It simply isn't terribly
> compatible with how e-mail has evolved. I don't know if majordomo II was
> ever released, but majordomo is really long in the tooth, and this is just
> one of the places where it runs into today's e-mail reality and takes it in
> the teeth.

Majordomo 2 is in chronic late beta.  It works very well, but the message
screens and the like need to be cleaned up and translated for civilians to
use.  It's all new code, only the commands resemble majordomo1, and it is
much smarter about handling its mail.

If anyone wants more info, write and I'll provide details.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl @
 iecc .
 com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Finger for PGP key, f'print = 3A 5B D0 3F D9 A0 6A A4  2D AC 1E 9E A6 36 A3 47