Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2001)

Subject: Re: Yahoo
From: Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey @ goldmark . org>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:20:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> Problem: you're using sendmail, and majordomo. It doesn't break up batches
> for you by default. You need to move to a more modern MLM, or use something
> like bulk_mailer, that can break stuff up for you.

Note that switching from sendmail to almost any of the alternatives
obviates the need for bulk_mailer.  I know that exim will do the two
things that bulk_mailer is good for (parallelizing delivery and sorting
with some preferred domains).  I assume that postfix and others have
similar features.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/