Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2001)

Subject: Re: Yahoo
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 19:18:21 -0700
To: <blaise @ scadian . net>, "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg @ monkeys . com>
Cc: <List-Managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 10/22/01 5:58 PM, "blaise @
 scadian .
 net" <blaise @
 scadian .
 net> wrote:

> My opinion is that they read the RFC precisely and you missed a spot.
> This does not seem to be an implementation limit but a configured site-
> policy limitation (as far as we can tell).

Wasn't it on this list where we were having the discussion about not
accepting mail from <>, even though the spec says to?

Are we really saying it's okay for us to violate the RFC for anti-spam
purposes, but not Yahoo?

Not that yahoo is, unlike the people rejecting <>. But that seems to be what
I'm hearing here.