Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 2001)

Subject: Re: Automated bounce recognition
From: "John R Levine" <johnl @ iecc . com>
Date: 25 Oct 2001 20:56:22 -0400
To: "Michael C.Berch" <mcb @ postmodern . com>
Cc: "list-managers @ greatcircle . com" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

PS:

> Now if only the popular (non-open-source) mail clients would let you
> specify the outgoing SMTP destination port...

Outlook Express does on the mail setup menu under an Advanced button or
something like that, and I think Outlook does too.  Eudora does although
you have to edit the EUDORA.INI setup file yourself.  Netscape doesn't,
phoo, although I suppose the sufficiently dedicated could fix that at
mozilla.org.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl @
 iecc .
 com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Finger for PGP key, f'print = 3A 5B D0 3F D9 A0 6A A4  2D AC 1E 9E A6 36 A3 47