Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 2001)

Subject: PERC
From: Beartooth <karhunhammas @ Lserv . com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:55:20 -0500 (EST)
To: List Managers <List-Managers @ greatcircle . com>
Cc: Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey @ goldmark . org>

	Autocat is a list for library catalogers, with
ca. 3600 subscribers in 46 countries, run on listserv,
and has been in operation for a good many years. Note
that they're doing it for non-spam reasons, and of course
have it automated; but it may well be where I got the idea.
I've seen it often, because I keep two or three accounts
subscribed, but only one turned on at a time. Forwarded with
permission.