Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 2001)

Subject: Re: "purging" or ____?
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier @ ripco . com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 18:11:20 -0600
To: "List Managers" <List-Managers @ greatcircle . com>

Beartooth asked,

| What is the word for that? "Unpurging"?

Not to dismiss Jeffrey Goldberg's creative inspiration, but from the
members' end it's called renewing, so from the listadmin's end it can be
called something like "sending renewal notices."

| How do I spare the real hard-core
| subscribers having to bother with avoiding the 'unpurge' or
| whatever it is every time?

That's a software question.  Since you're running the list manually without
any mailing list package, just keep a separate file of those who have said,
"renew me forever; you don't have to ask again."