Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 2001)

Subject: changes in List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM
From: Todd Olson <tco2 @ cornell . edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:00:32 -0500
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Hi John

>Date: 18 Dec 2001 10:53:08 -0500
>From: "John R Levine" <johnl @
 iecc .
 com>

> > It doesn't look like Majordomo,
>
>It's majordomo2.  If the digest numbers and delivery options got reset,
>that's a mistake.  I've moved lots of lists from mj1 to mj2, and the
>transfer script should preserve those two bits of state.

For the record:
A couple other things changed with this change over.

1) For digest subscribers the header addresses all changed from
      list-managers-digest-owner @
 GreatCircle .
 COM
      list-managers-owner @
 GreatCircle .
 COM
   Thus I had to redo my filters
   (annoying in the absence of a pre announcement)

2) The pre-change digests came with a "Sender:" header
   ... a good thing in my opinion
   The post-change digests do not have a "Sender:" header
   ... a bad thing in my opinion

I would like it if the "Sender:" header could be reinstituted.

Regards,
Todd Olson
Cornell University