Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 2001)

Subject: Re: [list-managers] Digest delays
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 20:00:38 -0800
To: Tom Neff <tneff @ panix . com>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: list-managers-owner @ greatcircle . com

At 10:08 AM 12/23/2001 -0500, Tom Neff wrote:
I note that the Digest for this list is running several days behind, in a rather strange way. Yesterday (Saturday) greatcircle emitted a Digest (V10 #183) consisting of messages from the previous Tuesday, including Brent's explanation which I had assumed by now must have been dropped in the changeover. This morning (Sunday) there arrives another digest (V10 #184) containing only messages from last Wednesday. An inspection of the half-functioning Archives shows me that messages were also posted on Thursday and Saturday, but are not present in this morning's Digest. What's puzzling is that whether Digests are emitted daily or "on volume," one would have expected these some days ago.

Configuring Mj2 digests is an arcane art, lemme tell ya. There are so many things you can set -- maximum age of oldest post, minimum age of newest post, maximum size, minimum size, whether each permitted run generates a single digest or how many it takes to clear the queue, hours at which digests can be generated -- that one really has to work the combinations till one finds one that works for the list.