Subject: Local E-Mail Discussion Groups?
From: "Steven Clift" <slc @ publicus . net>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 11:34:05 -0500
To: eModerators @ yahoogroups . com, communityinformatics @ vcn . bc . ca, onlinefacilitation @ yahoogroups . com, CARR-L @ LISTSERV . LOUISVILLE . EDU, list-managers @ greatcircle . com, members @ www . afcn . org

I am looking for references to active community-oriented e-mail
discussion lists focused specifically on local geographic areas with
a "general" audience.  By general audience, I mean anyone interested
in discussing local issues and not the local sailing club or
environmental activist group etc..

These lists might be similar to ones that we host with E-Democracy
<http://www.e-democracy.org/discuss.html#communities> in Minnesota or
lists down to the neighbourhood level like with this forum in DC
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adamsmorgan/>.

Please REPLY to: clift @
 publicus .
 net

FYI, there is a discussion on slashdot about community networking
http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/05/06/0139258&mode=thread&ti
d=95
right now.

I posted about the e-list tools I'd like to see:
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=32150&tid=95&mode=thread&cid=34693
82

Thanks,
Steven Clift
http://www.publicus.net
http://www.e-democracy.org/do

P.S. If you are aware of very very successful civic web forum where
some elected or government officials communicate publicly with local
citizens let me know about that as well.

Indexed By Date Previous: Majordomo Commands