From: Sean Brunnock <brunnock @ server . com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:26:07 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Server.com has been hosting mailing lists since '97. We currently
host 4,000 lists with over a million subscribers in all.

Over the years, we've been accused of being spammers many times.
We've implemented confirmed opt-in and RFC 2369, but this week
I've discovered that two large ISPs have been filtering our email to
their customers. As far as I can surmise, there were no complaints
and the ISPs did not notify their customers or us. The ISPs simply
decided that our mail was not worthy and blocked it. We're currently
negotiating with the ISPs to lift the blocks.

I think it's odd that newspapers love to run stories about mailmen
who toss mail in the trash rather than deliver it, but you never hear
about ISPs that play games with email.

Have you folks had similar experiences? Should we do something
about it? Or am I venting in the wrong place?

Sean Brunnock
http://server.com

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Local E-Mail Discussion Groups?