From: "John R Levine" <johnl @ iecc . com>
Date: 18 May 2002 11:30:27 -0400
To: "Amy Stinson" <e-list @ amys-answers . com>
Cc: "list-managers @ greatcircle . com" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

> My experience has not been in large ISP's,
> but those small ones who get "creative" in their filters.

Yes, indeed.  That's because their servers are melting down from the
torrents of spam and they're desperate.  I know several of them, this is
what they tell me.

While we have to argue about filters in the short run, the only thing
that's going to make a difference in the long run is to stop the spam.
Technical means have clearly failed, maybe laws will work.  See
http://www.cauce.org.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl @
 iecc .
 com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",