From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier @ ripco . com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 10:52:26 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

J C Lawrence wrote,

| I can live with a 0.002% false positive rate quite comfortably,
| especially as its the very rare exception among those false positives
| that I actually want to read (hasn't happened yet this year).

Your ability to determine that nearly all the false positives are messages
that, while not spam, are things you wouldn't want to read anyway indicates
that you are able to review the messages that your routines treat as spam:
you have them directed to a folder designated for them, for example.  The
ISP that rejects or discards false positives along with actual spam doesn't
allow its victims, er, doesn't allow its customers that luxury.