From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 10:12:05 -0700
To: <tneff @ grassyhill . org>, "list-managers @ greatcircle . com" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 5/18/02 9:27 AM, "Tom Neff" <tneff @
 grassyhill .
 net> wrote:

> Laws will fail even more clearly than technical means, unless

Unless someone has jurisdiction. Who has jurisdiction of a piece of email
created in Korea, emailed through an open relay in brazil, and sent to my
account in California?

And if they have jurisdiction, what's their enforcement? Laws are useless if
they can be ignored because nobody can make you pay attention.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui @

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties
are largely ceremonial.