From: "John R Levine" <johnl @ iecc . com>
Date: 18 May 2002 13:33:56 -0400
To: "list-managers @ greatcircle . com" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

> Yes, indeed.  That's because their servers are melting down from the
> torrents of spam and they're desperate.  I know several of them, this is
> what they tell me.
>
> I'd take their whines with a grain of salt.

No, they're real.  These aren't cluebies with a packaged Exchange servers,
they know what they're doing and the amount of spam arriving this year is
astonishing.

I know one guy who gets over 100,000 spams a month to addresses in his
personal domain, which has never had any users other than him.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl @
 iecc .
 com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",