From: Russ Allbery <rra @ stanford . edu>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 12:23:35 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Amy Stinson <e-list @
 amys-answers .
 com> writes:

> I have several subscribers from this ISP who were getting their mail
> silently dropped because LISTSERV sometimes has leading spaces in their
> subjects.

Yup, that's another one, along with horrible mishandling of Sender, to go
onto the list of LISTSERV misfeatures.  *sigh*  The weird whitespace
handling is annoying enough that someone actually added code to Gnus to
postprocess those messages and fix the mangled whitespace.

LISTSERV used to be really nice software, but at this point I really hope
that we'll get all of its features implemented in other, newer, better
list management software and then people will slowly put a stake through
its heart.  I really would rather never deal with another LISTSERV list
again.

--
Russ Allbery (rra @
 stanford .