From: "albert" <emmanuel @ mwt . net>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 08:43:30 -0500
To: "List-Managers @ Greatcircle . Com" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

i fear and predict that the end of the "legand" will come and this will be
a fact of life.. and this will happen just when we believe it never could
and
when we stop checking up on it,

albert

 grassyhill .
 org]
> Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 8:31 AM
> To: list-managers @
 greatcircle .
 com
> Cc: emmanuel @
 mwt .
 net; Nick Simicich
> Subject: Re: how to handle... large ISPs blocking mailing lists/charge
> peremail..
>

> Right, or how about this... you order the Mrs Fields Cookie
> recipe and they
> charge you two-fifty. :)
>
> Note to List Managers everywhere: do your members a favor and stay on top
> of ancient Internet urban legends/hoaxes like this.
>
> 	http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blemtax2.htm
> 	http://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/xemailtax.html
>
> --On Sunday, May 19, 2002 8:27 AM -0500 albert <emmanuel @
 mwt .
 net> wrote:

> > or how about this,.. you wait until the supposed law goes into effect
> > arising out of Bill 602P which will permit the Federal Government to
> > charge a
> >  5-cent surcharge on every e-mail delivered, by billing Internet Service
> >  Providers at source. The consumer would then be billed in turn by the
> > ISP.
> >
> > say Good by to lists..............

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: how to handle... large ISPs blocking mailing lists/charge per email..