Subject: Re: charge per email (fwd)
From: nolan @ celery . tssi . com
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 17:07:20 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . com (List Managers)

> >I'll be the first to admit that my concept has gaping holes that
> >have been identified by others in the myriad of times this has been
> >proposed, and will present technical challenges far greater than
> >anything handled on the Internet today, and that's before you get
> >into how to change the Internet to support the required
> >fully-trusted international transfer-of-payments system.

May I assume, Paul, that you have been involved in earlier studies of
the concept?  If so, are there records and proceedings of those studies
that can be used to educate the less-informed as to the merits and challenges
involved?

History is replete with examples of 'insolvable' problems that have been
solved once it was determined that the solution was desirable and necessary.

Two questions:  Could such a system be better than what we have today,
and could such a system be better than arbitrary and quite probably
ineffective rules imposed on us from outside?  In other words, should be
be searching for an improvement or just continue to watch things get worse?
--
Mike Nolan

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: e-postage again