Subject: Re: e-postage again
From: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 21:16:31 -0700
To: "John R Levine" <johnl @ iecc . com>
Cc: "Chuq Von Rospach" <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>, "list-managers" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 19 May 2002 22:48:14 -0400
John R Levine <John> wrote:

> I think this particular line of inquiry might lead to reinventing the
> credit bureau.  We already have those.  Once that rated potential ISP
> customers, the way that regular credit bureaus rate potential bank
> customers, might not be a bad idea.

We don't have international credit bureaus.  We also have a secondary
value-add system that enforces and sustains the use of credit bureau's
within single economic systems (ie national currency/banking systems)
that is lacking within an arbitrarily connected 'net world.

I don't see that the model translates well at all.

--
J C Lawrence
claw @