Subject: Re: Charge?
From: Beartooth <karhunhammas @ Lserv . com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 11:15:32 -0400 (EDT)
To: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>, Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey @ goldmark . org>, List Managers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On Tue, 21 May 2002, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> They don't have universal views on spam, either. Get 10 people
> together, and you'll get 11 definitions of what it is.

	Back when the Library of Congress was a real library,
with stack passes for at least some readers, it was a truism that
any serious person who looked around with one would tell you 90%
of the collections was crap -- but no two would agree on which
90%. So they keep most of it -- and already have three buildings
on Capitol Hill, each covering a city block, all full, with
off-site storage as far off as Wright-Patterson AFB near Dayton.

	And that was before the Internet, of course.
--
RR 'Beartooth' Neuswanger <karhunhammas (at) Lserv.com>
(LC retiree in Northern Virginia)