From: Beartooth <karhunhammas @ Lserv . com>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 16:55:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: tneff @ grassyhill . org
Cc: "list-managers @ greatcircle . com" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On Sat, 18 May 2002, Tom Neff wrote:
> The paradox, it seems to me, is that while technical means are
> always failing, they are also always improving.  I can do a
> much better job of blocking spam today than I could two years
> ago.  There is more of it to block, but probably less gets
> through.

	As some of you know, and most can probably check, my
reply-to is an alias afforded me by the good graces of Dangerous
Dave Gawlik, whom some know from Spam-L; he runs my incoming
through his spamfilters before autoforwarding -- and they're
certainly better than those of the big ISPs I've tried, and
better than I could manage when I attempted constructing my own.

	I dropped off Spam-L years ago, finding most of the
traffic way over my head. (I like to think I may have been some
help by blowing whistles from work; my agency had so much
bandwidth that I could react unusually fast : spammers who had me
high on their lists could get counter-attacked in the act. But
that ended when I retired.) Much of the last few days' worth here
has been beyond me, too. But maybe somebody who's still on both
will put up a thumbnail here, with the subscription address.