Subject: OT: passing 'postmaster' through sendmail
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 16:14:13 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Apologies for the OT, but I think there are some sendmail knowledgable
folk herein and this whole matter of IP-blocks was re4cently beaten to
death here and it was what got me messing with this...   I complained to
a colleague as he was setting up an IP block that he really ought to let
mail to 'postmaster' get through.   I don't know squat about sendmail,
but he said he couldn't figure out how to do that.  He was going to put
the IP in the "sendmail.block' file [is that right?] and that would,
apparently, completely shut out the IP...  Is there some way to set up
sendmail so that it'll block all mail from the tainted IP *EXCEPT* for
email addressed to postmaster?

THANKS!
  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie @
 fantasyfarm .
 com     Pearisburg, VA

Indexed By Date Previous: Spam-L (was Re: large ISPs blocking mailing lists)