Subject: Re: OT: passing 'postmaster' through sendmail
From: Richard Rognlie <rrognlie @ gamerz . net>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 16:32:06 -0400
To: Bernie Cosell <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

If he's using the FEATURE(access_db) for that, he can put

To:postmaster@  ACCEPT

as a rule in his access.db.    I think the ability to do that
appears in sendmail 8.11.

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 04:14:13PM -0400, Bernie Cosell wrote:
> Apologies for the OT, but I think there are some sendmail knowledgable
> folk herein and this whole matter of IP-blocks was re4cently beaten to
> death here and it was what got me messing with this...   I complained to
> a colleague as he was setting up an IP block that he really ought to let
> mail to 'postmaster' get through.   I don't know squat about sendmail,
> but he said he couldn't figure out how to do that.  He was going to put
> the IP in the "sendmail.block' file [is that right?] and that would,
> apparently, completely shut out the IP...  Is there some way to set up
> sendmail so that it'll block all mail from the tainted IP *EXCEPT* for
> email addressed to postmaster?
>
> THANKS!
>   /Bernie\
>
> --
> Bernie Cosell                     Fantasy Farm Fibers
> mailto:bernie @
 fantasyfarm .
 com     Pearisburg, VA

--
 /  \__  | Richard Rognlie / Sendmail Ninja / Gamerz.NET Lackey
 \__/  \ | http://www.gamerz.net/rrognlie/    <rrognlie @