Subject: Re: Spamtrap e-mail addresses in spam headers? [was: Omar's
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:34:45 -0700
To: "Alan B. Clegg" <alan @ clegg . com>, List Managers <List-Managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 6/29/02 9:22 AM, "Alan B. Clegg" <alan @
 clegg .
 com> wrote:

> One of my systems was recently blacklisted by SPEWS.  It took me a few days
> to find out 1) that it had happened and 2) to get it fixed.  It seems that
> a spamtrap address somewhere had gotten "mail from me" and that seems to be
> an automatic, one-shot blacklisting offense.

Given that the Klez virus can do this to you quite easily, and you have no
control over the machine doing it, that's unconsciousably bad and
unacceptable to me.

All you need is ONE person with both email addresses in their address book
and a klez infection, and a little bad luck.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui @

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam my clothes down here, will you?

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous:
Next: Re: Spamtrap e-mail addresses in spam headers? [was: Omar's
Next: Re: Spamtrap e-mail addresses in spam headers? [was: Omar's
From: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>