Subject: Re: Spamtrap e-mail addresses in spam headers? [was: Omar's
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 19:03:46 -0700
To: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>
Cc: "Alan B. Clegg" <alan @ clegg . com>, List Managers <List-Managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 7/1/02 6:53 PM, "J C Lawrence" <claw @
 kanga .
 nu> wrote:

> 1) Deliver to backup MXes in hope of weaker filtering rules

We had a big chat about that last week at work. Grumble.

> That said, among the variants TMDA is rather nice.

Oh, and to make it clear -- you're welcome to whitelist. But if I don't
happen to be on your whitelist, and I try to answer something you ask, it
won't get through, and I won't jump through the hoop to make it go through.
That's the risk you take and have to worry aobut with whitelists. That they
will bounce legitimate email. And if I'm doing you a favor, I don't see it
as my responsibility to force my email on you.

> No way it would ever touch one of my direct addresses, but for something
> like mailman@ or list-owner@ it might not be so bad an idea (he says
> piteously).

Um... Yeah. Given what the hell's going on with spam to admin addresses and
the problems we've had finding a useful solution.

JC? Why not bounce that htought over to mailman-developers and run it past
Barry? I think it warrants more discussion over there, and I'm sitting up
here on vacation, so I really can't right now...

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui @

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties
are largely ceremonial.