Subject: Re: mail clients, was Please prune this list!
From: "John R Levine" <johnl @ iecc . com>
Date: 4 Jul 2002 22:51:35 -0400
To: "Thomas Gramstad" <thomas @ ifi . uio . no>
Cc: "list-managers" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

> Yeah, but you are not suggesting people should use Ouchlook
> instead of Eudora, are you?  If somebody insists on a GUI email
> client (and they're using Windows), what other alternatives
> are there to recommend?

Netscape and Mozilla

Pegasus (http://www.pmail.com)

The Bat (http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/)

Becky (http://www.rimarts.co.jp/becky.htm)

Agent (primarily a newsreader, but a competent POP mail client, too,
	http://www.forteinc.com/agent/)

and about a hundred freeware, shareware, and payware others.  For people
who want to handle their mail without screwing around with a GUI any more
than minimally necessary, they're also PC Pine
(http://www.washington.edu/pine/).

Of the GUI ones I've tested lately, I like Pegasus, largely because it's
one of the few other than Pine (and, remarkably, OE) that handles with
multiple IMAP mailboxes.  I haven't beaten very hard on Mozilla mail, but
in quick tests it looks rather good, too.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl @
 iecc .
 com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
"Just how much hay did we buy?" asked Tom, balefully.