Subject: Re: Please prune this list!
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 00:44:28 -0700
To: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>
Cc: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>, Thomas Gramstad <thomas @ ifi . uio . no>, <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 7/4/02 11:50 PM, "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @
 queernet .
 org> wrote:

> Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>> I'll stick with the moral high ground, thank you. Educate, evangelize, and
>> innovate.
>
> Look at what you've done with lists. Chuq. Simplify, simplify, simplify.
>     Why not just *educate* them instead?

To some degree I do both. But to answer your question, I spent years trying
to educate users on how to "best" use USENET. See how that worked out? For
every user you educate, three new ones show up on the net. Education
ultimately is a can't-win game. It's a necessary part of success, but it
only works until the next person installs a cable modem. Then you start over
again. Unless, of course, you declare the new people idiots and wall
yourself off from them.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui @

IMHO: Jargon. Acronym for In My Humble Opinion. Used to flag as an opinion
something that is clearly from context an opinion to everyone except the
mentally dense. Opinions flagged by IMHO are actually rarely humble. IMHO.
    (source: third unabridged dictionary of chuqui-isms).