Subject: Re: HTML e-mail (was: mail clients)
From: JC Dill <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 11:57:22 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On 10:41 AM 7/5/02, Charlie Summers wrote:
>At 12:14 PM -0400 7/5/02, Russ Allbery is rumored to have typed:
>
>> HTML is being widely used in e-mail, but by and large it's a joke.
>> Occasionally an amusing and useful one, though.
>
>   Has anyone looked at mail sent by the IncrediMail client?

There's a gal using that on one of my hobby lists. She just giggles that she's "sorry" about the attachments her mail client adds but that she's sure there's nothing she can do about it. She claims she has no choice in which email client she uses.

IMHO, these attachments are bordering on spam (ads for IncrediMail that pose an unreasonable burden on the receiving mail server) and I wouldn't be surprised to see them being stripped by mail servers in the not-too-near-future.

jc