Subject: Re: On client defaults and list configurations
From: "Michael C. Berch" <mcb @ greatcircle . com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 12:44:52 -0700
To: List Managers List <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>
Cc: JC Dill <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com>

On Friday, July 5, 2002, at 10:27  AM, JC Dill wrote:
This is a list run by supposedly sophisticated and experienced list management, on supposedly the latest up-to-date list management software, and with a subscriber list of supposedly email-savvy users. Yet the multiple emails (and bounces) continue unabated. There exists both the technical and social ability to "solve" this problem, yet neither tool has been properly implemented on this list.

This is getting ridiculous.

As a volunteer list manager, I don't mind putting in the time to do important list management functions. But my absolute LOWEST priority is fixing things that don't need fixing, simply because one member has a broken MUA, a broken MTA, or has not read the help file/documentation on how to use the MLM.

You may find it more rewarding to apply this "technical and social ability" to fixing your MTA, or RTFM.

--
Michael C. Berch
list-managers list manager