Subject: Re: MUA elitism
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 16:11:12 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

J C Lawrence wrote:
Again, this devolves to a question of purpose, and then the question of
the democracy of the loudest voice versus creator's or owner's intent.

You ignore that I said that it's the STATED PURPOSE of most of these lists to BE a salon, not a topic-focused discussion.

Possibly the most interesting aspect here is that the simple address of
forking the list and splitting off a duplicate list (identical
membership) with a charter explicitly targeted for a salon always
fails.

And at our site it has succeded more than 50% of the time.