Subject: Re: MUA elitism
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 22:09:56 -0700
To: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
Roger, do your salons and list have interconnects? Or are they two
populations?

Significant overlap, though cross-posting is prohibited.

It's ben done on several of our lists, including our list-owners list, which is now a list-owners-announce list for us to send notifications to, a list-owners-help list for peer tech support, and a list-owners-talk list for what would formerly have ben off-topic posts that pissed off the strict-to-topic types.

Every list-owner is auto-subscribed to all three, but is permitted go set nomail on the -talk and -help lists.

The stats today are:

Majordomo>who-summary list-owners-announce

Class        Subscribers
TOTAL          337
each           334
nomail           3

Majordomo>who-summary list-owners-help

Class        Subscribers
TOTAL          334
digest          25
each           268
nomail          41

Majordomo>who-summary list-owners-talk

Class        Subscribers
TOTAL          334
digest          21
each           268
nomail          45

(The -announce nomail addresses are mine -- I'm allowed to break that rule. :)