Subject: Re: Please prune this list!
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 09:01:36 -0400
To: list-managers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 6 Jul 2002, at 1:00, JC Dill wrote:

> On 12:32 AM 7/6/02, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>
>  > I want the personal reply in my main inbox, so
>  >I know a thread I've contributed to has been continued so I can reply to it
>  >while the thread is still timely -- and then later, I'll get around to
>  >reading the list (filtered into a folder),
>
> How do you accomplish this, given that depending on how the list is setup
> and how the MTA of the sender is configured, the reply (to all) may be
> addressed "To" the list with a CC to the author, or "To" the author with a
> CC to the list, or sometimes "To" both (which is the default behavior from
> my MTA when I select "reply to all" for messages posted to this list)?

I'm with Chuq on this one and I do the same thing.  I know there are some
exception-lists floating around still, but I'm not on a *SINGLE* list
where the MLM doesn't either add a 'Sender:' or a "List-ID:' header, and
so instead of doing the lame filter-on-to-and-cc, I just filter on the
mlm-supplied headers.

For example, for this list, my filter sorts on:

Sender: list-managers-owner @
 greatcircle .
 com

  /Bernie\