Subject: Re: Please prune this list!
From: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 07:28:24 -0700
To: JC Dill <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com>
Cc: list-managers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>, Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>

On Sat, 06 Jul 2002 01:00:17 -0700
JC Dill <inet-list @
 vo .
 cnchost .
 com> wrote:
> On 12:32 AM 7/6/02, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> How do you accomplish this, given that depending on how the list is
> setup and how the MTA of the sender is configured, the reply (to all)
> may be addressed "To" the list with a CC to the author, or "To" the
> author with a CC to the list, or sometimes "To" both (which is the
> default behavior from my MTA when I select "reply to all" for messages
> posted to this list)?

I do this by filtering on unique headers which are added to messages by
the list server.  Typically this means one of: List-ID:, Sender:, or
Delivered-To:.  The result is that only and all the messages which
passed thru that particular list get to my list-specific folder, with
everything else being otherwise delivered.

--
J C Lawrence
claw @