Subject: Re: MUA elitism
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 00:09:49 -0700
To: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>, <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 7/6/02 11:34 PM, "Nick Simicich" <njs @
 scifi .
 squawk .
 com> wrote:

> I don't virus check any of my mailing lists....and none of them will ever
> pass along a virus.

I currently strip to text/plain and remove all other mime. Fairly soon, that
won't work any more (among other things, we're headed to multi-byte
character sets and supporting all sorts of interesting languages and other
stuff). Which means instead, I'm going ot have to decide what is and isn't
safe, and strip mime parts that aren't. Attachments are coming by popular
request. HTML is coming, as is Swedish and Mandarin. So the trick is to make
all that work and be as safe as possible, because not doing it is no longer
going to be an option...

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui @