Subject: Re: descriptive subject lines (was Re: Suggestion)
From: Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 11:24:52 -0400
To: list-managers <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On the other hand, I have a long running low grade peeve with members who title a new thread "Suggestion" or "Thought" or "32 words of text" :) rather than using a Subject that describes what the message is really about.

In this case, were I to post a message telling my fellow list managers to use a descriptive subject, it might have read something like

	Subject: Please use a more descriptive subject!

which would give the folder-browsing member more of a hint as to what the message is about.

I mention this because it points up a common experience in list-land: everybody knows the guidelines, but (most) everybody assumes that they, THEMSELVES, are naturally the exception :)

--On Sunday, July 07, 2002 9:10 AM -0500 Amy Stinson <e-list @
amys-answers .
com> wrote:

Now that you guys are having so much fun picking on one another, could
you do the  rest of us a favor and change your subject to actually
reflect the content of your  posts?

Let's face it, PRUNE YOUR LIST has digressed into at least 3 distinct
conversations  that have NOTHING to do with list pruning.

MUA eliteism has disintegrated into several threads having nothing to do
with the  subject.

etc.
etc.

Y'all should know better.