Subject: about Netscape, about subject lines
From: JC Dill <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 12:53:24 -0700
To: "list-managers" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 11:40 AM 7/8/02, Nick Simicich wrote:
>At 11:22 AM 2002-07-08 -0800, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:
>>Unfortunately, Netscape claims to filter on "Sender" but whatever they
>>chek it's not the Sender: header...
>
>What does this have to do with anything?  I can't imagine using a browser
>for mail, sorry.
>
>By the way, I used to consider them computer illiterate, but then you told
>me about your users.  Now I consider them geniuses.

The company Netscape (owned by AOL) makes a software *suite* called Netscape Communicator, the browser is Navigator, the email client is Messenger. Just because some computer illiterate people call the browser by the company name instead of the browser name doesn't mean all people are automatically referring to the browser piece only when using the term Netscape.

Sneering that someone is using a piece of software differently from what you think is best - while posting a message totally unrelated to the subject line you used - is much like living in a glass house. Be careful of rocks.

jc