From: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:25:09 -0400
To: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>, <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

At 09:59 PM 2002-07-10 -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
On 7/8/02 10:03 AM, "Nick Simicich" <njs @
scifi .
squawk .
com> wrote:

> At 11:57 PM 2002-07-07 -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>> Nick made a number of comments I mostly don't agree with (HTML is not a
>> programming language. It's a markup language. His statement, if true, also
>> makes the statement "wordstar is really a compiler" also true, which it's
>> not.
>
> No, it is an interpreter.  Difference

Nick, you can call it fred for all I care. We won't agree, and I'm not
feeling like doing the semantical ballet just to watch you twist reality to
prove your point to yourself, becaues you won't prove it to me....

If you've made your mind up, I won't try to confuse you with facts then. :-)

Sorry. You'll have to continue this discussion without me..

I had yet another list owner thank me for writing demime the other day. This person had been manually editing the html out of messages for a long time -- her list owner had set her up with some majordomo bounce filters and she had been hand editing the posts and approving them back in. And what she couldn't figure out is why her service provider had converted from majordomo to sympa, considering that it only produced unreadable mime format digests. I explained it to her, she thanked me and told me that she was going to try and get her service provider to help her one more time, I tried to give her some pointers as to what she could ask for.

Yep, I'm living in the past, and maybe in another couple of years the mail readers will actually do useful things with mime digests and there will be a cure for incredimail. As it stands now, I still don't think that mime on mailing lists works well. Things could change yet.

--
"Forgive him, for he believes that the customs of his tribe are the laws of nature!"
 -- George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)