From: Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:56:36 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

--On Friday, July 12, 2002 11:11 AM -0400 "Barry A. Warsaw" <bwarsaw @
python .
org> wrote:
So, because most digests only get delivered once or a few times a day,
I cut down on the number of interruptions to my daily workflow.

But -- and this is crucial -- when I burst a digest I want it to
contain all the information necessary to ignore the fact that it came
to me in a digest.  I.e. I want to be able to reply to it, folder it,
search on it, etc. just as if it were an immediate delivery.

That's not what I want -- I want a daily Digest to be a readable omnibus of the discussion that went on in the list that day, with redundant header cruft removed to save on transmission, storage and confusion. My motto is "1153 Got It Right" :)

The one thing I wish my mail client gave me - if I do a web based one of my own some day I will hack this in - is the ability to roll along reading that honest text digest, and reply to the list OR an individual poster (a couple of buttons in the subheader would do it) without breaking stride.