From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:04:51 -0700
To: KHLsv <karhunhammas @ lserv . com>, Barry Warsaw <bwarsaw @ python . org>
Cc: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>, <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 7/12/02 10:08 AM, "Beartooth" <karhunhammas @
 Lserv .
 com> wrote:

>> This happens for me because until I look at some part of the
>> email, I don't know whether it's my boss asking me a question, or
>> a fellow bass player asking whether it's useful to boil strings.
>> :)
> YES, in thunder! And not only in the office!

The way I solve this is through filters. All of the list messages get
filtered off into folders out of the way (I went one step further, and do
server-side filtering of much of it via procmail, so it's even less
intrusive). That way, at a glance, I can see the "first class" mail sitting
in my box, and the lists stay out of the way until I want to deal with them.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui @

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam my clothes down here, will you?