From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:14:13 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

JC Dill wrote:
Funny, I thought that was what filters were for.

The "great unwashed" don't use filters, nor do they use folders as anything other than a place to put stuff manually *after* they've been read.

I don't quite understand how others manage without filters like this.

When it's harder to create the filters than to just ignore the messages, they manage by geting their mailing lists in digests so they only take up one line in the inbvox summary.

Also, don't forget that most people aren't online full-time.