From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:53:21 -0700
To: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>, <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

>> Funny, I thought that was what filters were for.
>
> The "great unwashed" don't use filters, nor do they use folders as
> anything other than a place to put stuff manually *after* they've been read.

To me, this is a clear case where teaching someone to fish makes sense. The
power of filters gives them possibilities to customize their mail world, and
much of the time, they simply need to be told how to get started.

> Also, don't forget that most people aren't online full-time.

But to me, that makes filters MORE useful. Download it all, filter it into
folders, and deal with it in chunks based on priority. How can that NOT be a
good thing?

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui @