From: bwarsaw @ python . org (Barry A. Warsaw)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 21:44:15 -0400
To: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>, <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

 plaidworks .
 com> writes:

    CVR> To me, this is a clear case where teaching someone to fish
    CVR> makes sense. The power of filters gives them possibilities to
    CVR> customize their mail world, and much of the time, they simply
    CVR> need to be told how to get started.

I know all the claimed benefits of filters, but for some reason they
just don't jive with the way I work through my email (if you can call
my disfunctional relationship with my inbox "working").  I guess I'm
also jaded by seeing so many bounces coming from misconfigured
procmails and I think "poor schmuck doesn't even know what he's not
getting, and jeez even my attempts to inform him bounce".

Give me the nice raw spew from my MTA to my spool folder and I'm
happy.  It helps that my MUA (XEmacs/VM) has very excellent virtual
foldering support.

-Barry