Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 2003)

Subject: Re: Check out AOL Users Missing Email??
From: Al Iverson <iverson @ mnjazz . com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:28:40 -0600
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Bob Bish wrote:

> >My experience with AOL and mailblocking has been positive; whenever
> >there was an issue with our mail being delivered to AOL users resolving
> >it was fairly easy. I imagine that one could get caught in the middle if
> >your list mail is being silently eaten but the mailserver it is sent
> >from isn't under your control. In that situation, time to get whoever's
> >in charge of that server to call AOL's NIC contact phone number.
>
>     Did you sign that document (the one to which I referred in my previous
> e-mail on this subject)?

Looking at the example available on the web URL you posted, it would
seem that the last point would preclude somebody from confirming that
they had done so.

Having worked both the sender and recipient side of mailing lists, list
management issues, spamblocking, and etc., I respect AOL's "our server,
our rules" attitude towards mail inbound to AOL, and that I would
recommend to my employer that they do the same.

Regards,
Al Iverson
--
Al Iverson -- iverson @