Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2003)

From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 15:30:19 -0800
To: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gsp . org>
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 02:54  PM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:

And if it *were* free speech, I would defend it, as I have defended other
free speech causes on the 'net for over twenty years.

But it's not.  It's not speech at all.  It's conduct.

that's your interpretation, and it's one the court pretty strongly disagrees with. So you're supporting YOUR IDEA of free speech, now how it is being interpreted by the court of law. ery different beasts. But at the core of the spam argument, too, since so many define free speech that way. it's easy to support free speech for stuff you want to hear.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech, Apple IS&T E-mail systems
chuq @