Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2003)

From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 00:06:04 -0800
To: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>
Cc: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>, Bob Bish <bobbish @ earthlink . net>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 11:52  PM, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:
But my role addresses are the ones most likely to be written to by naive users.

And since many lists I get have the reply-to-sender deal where people end up replying to all, they would get confirmation requests that would just be a hassle.

Frankly, Roger, I think you'll find the spam situation has gotten so bad that if you do implement whitelisting on your role accounts, most users will nod their head in sympathy and wish they could too, especially if your return message says something like "I'm sorry to put you through the hassle, but we get so much spam now to this address, it's the only way we can make sure we find your message in all of the spam".

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui @

He doesn't have ulcers, but he's a carrier.