Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2003)

From: Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 04:57:35 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

--On Monday, February 24, 2003 12:23 AM -0800 "Roger B.A. Klorese"
<rogerk @
 queernet .
 org> wrote:
> Well over 90% of the mail I get at my personal addresses is spam, but so
> far, I haven't seen a solution -- TMDA, Brightmail, SpamAssassin, whatever
> -- that seemed like any less a hassle than just deleting it.

Spamprobe (Brian Burton) is worth it.

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/spamprobe/

Since installing it I have to delete one or two spams per day - that's it.
Meanwhile the spamprobe folder collects hundreds of spams per day.

I spam protect my lists by making them members only.  Simplest most effective
technique I've found.