Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2003)

From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 06:05:51 -0800
To: "Barry A. Warsaw" <bwarsaw @ python . org>
Cc: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>, J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>, Bob Bish <bobbish @ earthlink . net>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

"RBAK" == Roger B A Klorese <rogerk @
queernet .
org> writes:

   RBAK> Well over 90% of the mail I get at my personal addresses is
   RBAK> spam, but so far, I haven't seen a solution -- TMDA,
   RBAK> Brightmail, SpamAssassin, whatever -- that seemed like any
   RBAK> less a hassle than just deleting it.

spambayes.sf.net is another option that has had a lot of success for
personal inboxes.  It's got a pop3 proxy (WIBNI someone wrote an imap
proxy? :) that is pretty decent.
I still need to check it. So since I am biased to believe it is right and therefore might be misled to miss a false positive, it's a bad idea. Anything less than 100% accurate on the positive side is less than worthless to me -- it's destructive.