Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2003)

Subject: Re: false positives
From: "Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." <amitchell @ habeas . com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:52:00 -0800
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

> > For those who think that the false positive situation isn't a
> > problem...
>
> Which are precisely the reasons I don't and won't do SPAM filtering at
> the MTA.  The potential cost of error is high, and almost all ability
> to supervise and correct is lost.

For those who don't already know, use of our HUL (Habeas Users
List, which is a DNSWhitelist [to help eliminate false positives]) is
free - you're welcome to use it.  There is a small license which you
need to sign, but only so that you promise to not ever use it as a
block list. :-)

The info is at:

http://www.habeas.com/services/hul.htm

Anne