Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2003)

Subject: Re: Questions for those who have this information
From: "Angel Rivera" <angel @ wolf . com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:44:52 GMT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Good Morning, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. writes:
Hi All! Well, let's see if I can keep spam out of this <grin>
I'd be really interested to know if any of you have any information
(statistical or even anecdotal) on the following:

Mostly anecdotal.

1. Average % of your mailing list mail which you figure is undelivered due to spam filters erroneously blocking it as spam.

Hardly ever in the last two years. Had issues getting mail to anyone at themail about 2.5 years ago. Did not persue, just placed a notice on the list page that if you were a themail clients you would most likely not be able to get mail from us. That was fixed.

2. If your list is now confirmed opt-in, but was not at one time, what % of subscribers did you lose by going to confirmed opt-in? And how, if at all, has the quality of the subscribers, or the list in general, changed?

Our lists are and have always been confirmed opt-in. We consider anything other than confirmed opt-in to be unworkable and can very well lead to a spam complaint. ~50% of the stuff caught in my spamtrap are from "lists" that non-existant persons have join. We do LART on them.
3. If you could sit down, face to face, with the CEO of $BIGISP, what are the three things you would most like to impress upon them in terms of how they handle incoming mailing list mail from a list such as yours?

Nothing.
-ar