Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 2003)

Subject: Re: Research on HTML mail and question about hotmail
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:25:22 -0400
To: <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 7 Apr 2003 at 14:55, Tatum, Richard wrote:

> Here's a followup to my previous post:
>
>    Case Study
>    Surprising Results from HTML Newsletter Tests: Now it's
>    Safe to Use Cascading Style Sheets
>    http://marketingsherpa.com/sample.cfm?contentID=2310

Are CSS-emails self-contained, or do they presume that you *HAVE* to be
online to view them?  [and also have to use a mail client that'll do
active-downloads while reading email]?  [if yes, does that mean that the
'sending site' needs to keep a web server running and keep the style
sheets available essentially all the time and forever?]

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie @
 fantasyfarm .
 com     Pearisburg, VA